Transfer a custom analysis workflow
Ion Reporter™ Software allows you export a custom analysis workflow, then import that workflow to another Ion Reporter™ Server or Ion Reporter™ Software on Connect account. Exporting and importing an analysis workflow that has the settings you require saves time, because you can reuse the custom analysis workflow, instead of creating a new analysis workflow for each server or account.
You must use an Ion Reporter™ Software account with the Analyze role to export and import an analysis workflow. An analysis workflow can only be exported from, then imported to, a single Ion Reporter™ Software organization. Each ZIP file that is exported can contain only one analysis workflow.
The target regions, hotspot regions, and CNV baseline files, are not included in the compressed directory that is exported. Presets for the analysis workflow, including presets for the annotation set, filter chain, copy number baseline, final report template, fusion panel, target regions file, and hotspot regions file are also not included in the export directory. The files must be uploaded separately, and the workflow presets must be present in the organization into which the analysis workflow is imported.
- In the Workflows tab, click Overview.
- In the Workflows screen, find the custom analysis workflow that you want to transfer, select the checkbox in the first column, then click .
Browse to the directory where you want to download the compressed directory of the files used for the workflow, then click Export.
A compressed directory (ZIP) is saved to your hard drive.
- Sign into the Ion Reporter™ Server or Ion Reporter™ Software on Connect account that you want to use to import the workflow.
- In the Workflows tab, click Overview, then click Import Workflow.
Click Select File, browse to find, then select the compressed directory (ZIP) file. The filename of the workflow directory is workflow name.zip.
The workflow directory contains two files: a file with metadata to set the workflow parameters, and a separate parameters file.
- Click Open, then click Import.
- Refresh the Workflows list, or search for the workflow by name, then verify that the workflow is in the list for the Ion Reporter™ Server or Ion Reporter™ Software on Connect account on which you imported the workflow.