An administrator can set a new password or reset a locked password on a user account.
A user who enters an incorrect password is locked out of Ion Reporter™ Software if they exceed the maximum number of attempts that is set in the password policies. By default, the maximum number of sign-in attempts is five. When a user gets locked out, an administrator must reset the password to unlock the account. There are two mechanisms to set or reset the password for a user account.
After a password is reset, the administrator must notify the user about the new or reset password.
- On the Ion Reporter™ Software server, sign in to Ion Reporter™ Software, then click the Admin tab.
- In the Users screen, select the user account (without clicking the hyperlink for the account), then in User Details select .
- In the Reset User Password dialog box, enter the new password, then retype the password.
- If you are certain that you want to change the password, click Confirm.
- Notify the user that the password has been set and give the user the new password.