Create a custom filter chain
You can create a custom filter chain to refine your analysis results in Ion Reporter™ Software. A filter chain is a set of filters that can be applied to the variants identified in an analysis that are used to narrow the analysis results to only the variants of interest. After you create a custom filter chain, you can associate the filter chain with an Ion Reporter™ Software analysis workflow when you create or edit the analysis workflow. You can also apply the filter chain to analysis results.
To create a custom filter chain, use one of the following procedures to get started:
- In the Create Filter Chain dialog box, enter a name and, optionally, a description.
- In Reference, select the reference type to use for this filter chain.
Apply filters to the filter chain.
The available filters depend on the selected reference type.
- From the Choose Filter list, select one or more filters to add.
If additional settings are available, set the appropriate conditions for the selected filter.
For more information, see Annotation source filters.
- Click Add to add the filter to the Selected Filters list.
- Repeat to add additional filters.
- (Optional) Use Update to add a second instance of an existing filter, or to configure and replace the last filter instance in the list without changing the filter count.
- Click Save.
The filter chain is available to be associated as the default filter chain when an analysis workflow is created, or to be used to change an existing default filter chain. For more information, see Add a filter chain to an analysis workflow and Change the default filter chain for an analysis workflow.