Upload a VCF file to create a sample
You can upload a single VCF file and define it as a sample so that the variants that are listed in the file can be annotated with Ion Reporter™ Software. A sample can contain only one VCF file. It cannot contain multiple VCF files.
Annotate Variants analysis workflows accept VCF files that conform to the 4.1 VCF standard only.
Annotate Variants analysis workflows also accept a compressed VCF file that use BCF, VCF, GZ, and BCF.GZ file formats. Ion Reporter™ Software decompresses the GZ file and uses the resulting VCF or BCF file.
- In the Samples tab, click Overview.
- Click .
- In the Define Samples screen, click Upload VCF.
- In the Upload VCF Sample File dialog box, click Select file, navigate to the file you want to upload, then click Upload VCF.
- Click Close to exit the Upload VCF dialog box.
- In the Samples step, select the VCF file that you uploaded, then click Add to Sample.
In Sample Name, enter a descriptive and unique sample name, then click Add to Sample List.
Sample names are limited to 255 characters, and can be any combination of alphanumeric characters plus spaces, periods (.), hyphens (-), and underscores (_).
- Click Next.
(Optional) In the Attributes step, set the value for a new or existing attribute:
Set the value of a existing attribute.
Add an attribute and set its value.
Add a new attribute.
Use this option to add a new custom sample attribute. For more information, see Create a custom sample attribute.
- Click Next.
- In the Review step, click Save.
The sample or samples are now ready for analysis with the Annotate Variants analysis workflow. For more information, see Launch an analysis.