Create a filter chain query
You can create custom filter chains that combine filters and specify the order in which they are applied in Ion Reporter™ Software. The modifiers are AND and OR and brackets ( ) are used to set the order. The modifiers AND and OR must be in all caps.
- In the Workflows tab, click Presets.
- Click .
In the Create Filter Chain dialog box, add the filters to create a chain.
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description.
- Select the first filter, set its value to In, then click Add.
- Add another filter, set its value to In, then click Add.
- Add a third filter, set its value to In, then click Add.
- (Optional) Use Update to configure and replace the last filter in the list without changing the filter count.
In FilterChain Query, your selected filters are listed by name. You can change the order in which your filters are applied.
Enter brackets ( ) around the filter names that you want the software to apply first. All other filters are applied in order, that is, left to right.
In this example, the dbSNP and COSMIC filters are applied first, and then the Variant Effect filter is applied.
Enter or edit the modifiers. Enter AND to include all filters that are specified, or enter OR to specify that another filter be run if the first filter did not detect any variants.
In this example, the dbSNP and COSMIC filters are applied, if no variants were detected, then the Variant Effect filter is applied.
- Click Save.
The filter chain can now be added to an analysis workflow, or applied to analysis results or a visualization. For more information, see Add a filter chain to an analysis workflow, Apply a filter chain to analysis results, and Use filter chains to change analysis results.