Create a MyVariants database
You can create a MyVariants database when you create an analysis workflow. A MyVariants database can be used research projects for various reasons. For example, separate databases can be useful for projects with interpretations of genomic variants that appear to conflict. If a breast cancer study includes specific gene mutations that are suspected to cause tumors, and a lung cancer study includes the same mutations that are not suspected to cause tumors, two MyVariants databases can be used.
- In the Workflows tab, click Create.
- In the Research Application step, select the research application and sample group, then click Next.
- In the Reference step, select the required files, then click Next.
- In the Annotation step, under MyVariants Database, click Create here.
- In the Filters step, select a filter chain from the dropdown list, then click Next. .
- In the Copy Number step, select a copy number baseline from the dropdown list, then click Next.
- In the Plugins step, select plugins, then click Next.
- In the Final Report step, select the final report template in the list, then click Next.
- In the Parameters step, select parameters, then click Next.
- In the Confirm step, name the analysis workflow, enter an optional description, then click Save Workflow.