Create a gene symbol filter chain
You can create a custom filter chain that is based on gene symbols. This filter chain can be used to narrow analysis results in Ion Reporter™ Software to only specific genes. If you have numerous gene symbols to filter, you can use a text file to create the gene symbol filter chain. For more information, see Create a gene symbol filter.
- In the Worksflows tab, click Presets.
- Click .
- In the Create Filter Chain dialog box, enter a name and an optional description.
- Select a Reference.
- In the Choose Filter list, select Gene Symbol.
- Add genes of interest in the list.
- After you select all of the gene symbols that you want to include in the list, click Add.
- Repeat to add additional genes.
- (Optional) Use Update to configure and replace the last filter in the list without changing the filter count.
- Click Save.
Your gene symbol filter chain is available be added to an analysis workflow, or applied to analysis results or a visualization. For more information, see Add a filter chain to an analysis workflow, Apply a filter chain to analysis results, and Use filter chains to change analysis results.