Create a gene symbol filter
To filter variants in analysis results by many gene symbols, you can create a filter that is based on gene symbols, then add the filter to a filter chain.
If you have a small number of gene symbols to that you want to filter in an analysis, see instead Create a gene symbol filter chain.
Before you complete this procedure, create a text file that contains one gene symbol on each line. For example:
Gene symbols must use the nomenclature standard that is published by the HUGO Gene Nomenclature Committee (HGNC). Gene symbols that are used in the file must match the nomenclature, however, the letters are not case-sensitive.
- In the Workflows tab, click Presets.
- Click .
Name, then upload the text file that contains the gene symbols.
- In the Create Filter Chain dialog box, enter a name and an optional description.
- In the Choose Filter list, select Gene Symbol.
- Click Select file , browse to your gene symbol list TXT file, then click Upload.
- If you have gene names in the Rejected list, correct the text file, then upload the file again to add the corrected gene symbols.
- Click Save.
The gene symbol filter is available to be added to a new filter chain or to an existing filter chain. Then, the filter chain can be added to an analysis workflow. For more information, see Add a filter chain to an analysis workflow.