Create a final report
You can create final reports directly from analysis results in Ion Reporter™ Software. You can customize the reports with variants that you select, and report sections that you can reorder, add and remove. The report layout and content are visible as a preview in the software that you can review and change as you create the report. When you are satisfied with the changes, you can publish a final report or save the report as a final report template.
Only one final report for each analysis can be published for later use. After a report has been published, you cannot change flags for MyVariants, classifications, or notes that are associated with the analysis results. A final report that is published to PDF format cannot be edited. To create a different report for the analysis, you must reanalyze the sample using the same analysis workflow, then create and publish the final report.
In Ion Reporter™ Software 5.14 and later, you can add a section for one or more images in PNG, GIF, JPG, or JPEG formats. Each image must include a title, and can include an optional description, which appears adjacent to the image. There is no limit on the number of images that can be added to a report, but all images will be in a single section in the published final report.
- In the Analyses tab, click Overview.
- Click an analysis link to open the Analysis Results screen.
- Select the variants to be included in the report by selecting the checkbox next to each variant. You can also select the checkbox at the top of the column to select all variants to be included in the report.
(Optional) Update the notes, flags, or classifications for each
then select the appropriate flag.
- In the (Note) column, click (Add) , click the Notes tab, then enter a note for the variant. When you are finished, click Add Note
- In the Classification column, you can select a classification for each variant. Each classification has a color associated with it in the report, which is indicated in parentheses.
- Click Selected Variants to complete one or more of the options in the dropdown menu. For more information, see Download selected variants in an analysis.
- In the (Flag) column, expand (Flag list), then select the appropriate flag.
- Click Generate Report.
(Optional) If a final report template is associated with the analysis
workflow, you can use the Select Final Report
Template dialog box to:
Click Create Report Template to create a new report template. For more information, see Create a final report template from analysis results.
If a report template is not associated with the analysis workflow, go to the next step.
Enter information into the report
For more information, see Available report sections.
To add one or more images to the final
report, add an
and the image.
- Click Add Image Section, then scroll to the Images section that is added to the report preview.
- To name the images section, enter a title for the section in the Images field. If you do not enter a title, the section is named Images.
- Enter an optional description for the image.
- Click Upload Image, then click Select file in the Add Image dialog box and browse to and select the image.
- Ensure that the correct image is selected, then click Upload. To select another image, click Change or Remove, then browse to the image. The image is added to the Generate Report screen and, after you save the new report template, is included in reports that use the template.
- (Optional) Scroll to the Reported Variants section, then double-click Select Columns.
- In the Sign-Off section, enter the name and title for a handwritten signature, then click Add. If needed, repeat this step to add information for additional required signatures, until all designated signers are added.
- When you are satisfied with the report design, click Next.
When you are satisfied with the report
Lock and Publish,
then review the PDF preview. If edits are needed, click
then make the edits.
IMPORTANT! After a report is published, the analysis that is used for the report cannot be edited. That is, you can no longer edit flags, classifications, or notes that are associated with the analysis results.
- Click Publish to create the final report.
- Click Download to download the published report.