Create a flexible report
You can create flexible reports directly from analysis results. You can create a report with an existing report template or you can design a flexible report. A flexible report allows you to customize the report, select variants, reorder sections, reorder section content, add notes, and remove sections. You can save the flexible report as a template.
Only one final report for each analysis can be published for later use. After a report has been published, you cannot edit MyVariants, classifications, or notes that are associated with the analysis results. A report that is published to PDF format cannot be edited. To create a different report for the analysis, you must reanalyze the sample using the same analysis workflow, then create and publish the report.
- In the Analyses tab, click Overview.
- Click an analysis link to open the Analysis Results screen.
- Select the variants to be included in the report by selecting the checkbox next to each variant. You can also select the checkbox at the top of the column to select all variants to be included in the report.
Click Generate Report. If a report template is associated with the analysis workflow, use the Select Final Report Template dialog box to:
Click Create Report Template to create a new report template. For more information, see Create a report template.
If a report template is not associated with the analysis workflow, go to the next step.
Enter information into the sections.
For more information, see Available report sections.
- (Optional) Scroll to the Reported Variants section, then click Select Columns.
- In the Sign-Off section, enter the name and title for a handwritten signature, then click Add. Repeat this step to add the information for all additional required signatures, until all designated signers are added.
- When you are satisfied with your report design, click Next.
When you are satisfied with the report sections, click Lock and Publish, then review the PDF preview. If edits are needed, click Cancel, then make your edits.
IMPORTANT! After a report is published, the analysis that is used for the report cannot be edited. That is, you can no longer edit MyVariants, classifications, or notes that are in the analysis.
- Click Publish to create the final report.
- Click Download to download the published report.